1) At Bizhao Cliff 避诏崖, HuaShan 华山, China Shaanxi Province 陕西省 - 2018 September
- Red oval: Information board ... see photo #2
2) Information board (red oval of the previous photo)
- Red rectangle: See photo #3
3) Information board (red rectangle of previous photo)
Bizhao Cliff is located at the northwest of South Heavenly Gate of HuaShan Mountain.
The rock cavern at the cliffside is said to be the place where Chen Tuan, a helmet early in Song Dynasty, retreated to avoid the imperial edict. Chen was familiar with the doctrines of various schools and astronomy and geography. Song Tai-Tsu and Song TaiZong had issued an imperial edict many times to invite him to the Capital to serve the Imperial Court, which he had politely refused.
The three characters "Bi Zhao Yan 避诏崖" (literally means imperial edict avoiding rock) on the cavern front are said to be inscribed by Chen Tuan himself.