Wednesday, April 19, 2017

How to count 97 in French


I was interested in learning French after seeing this joke:

3 dogs are competing in a swimming race.

There is an English dog named "one two three"; a German dog named "eins zwei drei"; and a French dog named "un deux trois". The dogs all swim across a lake.

The English dog finishes first. The German dog finishes second. But the French dog is nowhere to be found.

Why?

Because un deux trois quartre cinq :-)

But it wasn't a joke when I learned that to count to 97, you say 4 * 20 + 10 + 7. I had a 6ure and 5 to my knees and pray God to 7 the French language on fire ... I had e9.

Please visit my main page at https://mntviews.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donations are welcome to support the creation of more interesting articles in this blog  :-)

Share