Monday, July 18, 2016
Faces on rocks
On the trip to climb Mt Touwouwan near Dunns Swamp in Wollemi National Park, NSW, Australia, I keep seeing faces on rocks.
( Photos and a write up on the climb are in my blog:
Below are 4 faces from the above mentioned blog. Has anyone noticed them besides me?
1) Taken at Pagoda Lookout, a detour on the way to climb Mt Touwouwan ~~~
Actually it looks more like the Sphinx.
I have been climbing on the rocks. For example, I was on top of the rock pointed to by the red arrow ... see my trip report in the above mentioned blog
2) Taken on the return trip after climbing Mt Touwouwan ~~~
This one looks like the face of a frog.
3) On the bank of Cudgegong River ~~~
This face even has a tougue.
4) Also on the bank of Cudgegong River ~~~
A happy Buddha
Faces I saw on other climbing trips:
- A face-like rock near the summit of Tinderry Twin, NSW, Australia ... click on this link:
- A face on Microstrobos Falls along Linkdeman Pass, Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia ... click on this link:
Please visit my main page at http://mntviews.blogspot.com/